Batch publish

Just wanted to check here to see if this is even possible. Recently my studio needed to batch republish a bunch of assets and I would have loved to use the stand alone publish app to accomplish this but it seems as though application specific file modifications are not handled by the tool. For example I have a few publishes inside of maya that modify the current scene and export an fbx file that then gets put into perforce for our developers ect. Those publishes when I try to add them to the stand alone don’t work because they have an import of the maya cmds module which is not available outside of maya. Is there a way to get this system to open an instance of maya in the background to run these types of publishes. It would be amazing to drag a bunch of maya scenes into the publisher app and have it publish the ma files and kick out our fbx files.

2 Likes

Write custom hooks for the standalone publisher to send farm jobs that open maya and do things?

2 Likes

Hi Ricardo,

We had a webinar on the subject of publishes which may help sort things out for you:

2 Likes

Think this was meant for @jkiser :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I get for posting before :coffee:. Thanks for the correction!

2 Likes