Batch publishing from standalone publisher

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to separate out the assets from the tasks when batch publishing files from the standalone publisher . For instance if I wanted to republish all of the model tasks in a project due to an update. Currently in the standalone publisher it seems to be that you would have to choose a task for each one of the files in-order for them to go to the proper place.

2 Likes

Part of our current process saves a dcc_state and a publish_tree for the most resent publish. would it be a better idea to make an app that runs all the publishes using these files?

1 Like

Can you give us an example as I’m trying top understand exactly why or what you want to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently the standalone publisher is on a per asset basis.

so if I had a list of 20 assets that I needed to republish I would have to select the task for each of these assets instead of just selecting the overall task such as ‘model’ and have it just recognize that it is a model publish for all of these assets.

3 Likes

I’m trying to see if there is a way that you can batch publish under a certain task type instead of just from and asset by asset basis.

2 Likes

Hmm, but you are linking each of them as well right?

You don’t “have to” select a task.

Where do these files come from?
Aren’t they published from within maya?

3 Likes

Hi @Dfulton1,

Thanks for clarifying your need.

Not sure if there is a way to publish by task type with the Standalone publisher.For batch publishing with it, I think the post below may bring you some inspiration.

Cheers,
Ben

1 Like