Choose the required field to fill by adding a note on a Version in Shotgun

Hi!
I’ve been looking for a bit where I could find the answer and didn’t succeed so I’m trying here.
I’m just looking where in Shotgun preferences I can choose which fields must be required to send a note on a Version (not via the Client Review Site or RV).
I would like these fields present bu default for people using our Shotgun when they want to send a note :

• Subject
  • To

Thaks for your help!
Camille

1 Like

Hi Camille,

Welcome to the Community!

On a version note you can select the ‘More fields…’ button and it will bring up a dropdown menu where you can click-on ‘Subject’ and ‘To’.

Versionnote_morefields

To save the form to keep these fields moving forward you will see a blue ‘Modified’ flag in the top right corner and you can click the gear and select ‘Save form’.

Versionsnote_saveform

To save items in a specific order, you can select them in the drop down in the order you want (i.e. select ‘To’ and then 'Subject), otherwise you can click the gear again in the top right corner and select ‘Configure layout’ and drag and drop (the three grey horizontal lines to the right of the field) the Fields in the order you would like.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Laura

1 Like

Hi Laura,
thank you for your feedback. On the Client Review Site Or Review App this is OK to do, I was asking about a note to drop on a single version, not by the CRS if it’s possible to choose the default field as Subject and To, available for all the team members assigned to the project.
Capture d’écran 2020-11-30 145618

Maybe that’s just something that isn’t possible?
thank you again for your help (and your quick answer!)

Camille

1 Like

Hi Camille,

Yes, it’s possible to display default fields when a single version note is created. As long as the form is saved. Otherwise it will default to what the version form was previously.

I did a test and It could be how the note is created, for example I don’t have the option to modify and save the form when I click through onto a version and add a note:

However, when on a versions tab for a shot and then I right click on a version and select ‘Add Note to Selected’

Version_AddNotetoSelected

The following new note box will pop up. The fields can be modified at the bottom and saved under the gear and this versions form will be displayed to all members of the team on the project:

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Laura

Thank you Laura, you gave me another option and I think it would work now by saving the form as a Global layout.

Many thanks for your help again, wishing you a nice day.
Best,
Camille

1 Like