Closing busy dialog from a sub process

Hello,

I was wonder if there is a way to close or rather call sgtk.platform.engine.clear_global_busy()
in an application from a bootstrapped sub-process when the sub-process completes.

I feel like the problem that I am having is that the app is using the tk-desktop but the sub-process is calling tk-maya to run the publish.

3 Likes

Hey @Dfulton1

I’m not clear on the overall issue here, what you are trying to solve?

From what I do understand, you are launching Maya from Sg Desktop, and you would like a Toolkit Application running in Maya to communicate with Sg Desktop, to close a window?

Whilst it is possible to set something up, we don’t have a server running in Sg Desktop listening for commands, so you would have to implement one. But I don’t know what the overall goal is here?

1 Like

I have created an app to republish assets.
the app bootstraps tk-maya to run in batch using a subprocess I have it opening a show busy while it is processing the files I just need it to close said busy window when the processes are complete

2 Likes

Ah OK, yeah your’ll need to implement that communication yourself. I’ve done something very similar in the past with a Toolkit application and a batch process, and I used Qt to help me communicate across the two processes. The nice thing was that I was able to pass progress back to the main application from my batch process, and also send cancel commands from the main app to the batch process.

I can’t remember now exactly how I set it up, but SG Desktop actually does a similar thing to communicate between the main Application and the spawned Python process that bootstraps the Toolkit Project.

Basically you set up a server and client on each side so you can hold a conversation between them.

1 Like