Combine Crew planning and Project Timeline

Hi I would like to know if it is possible to combine this 2 apps in one page to be able to watch it at the same time. Also there is a way to delete people in the crew planning without delete them of shotgun?

4 Likes

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately, this isn’t currently possible, unless you’re viewing the gantt and turning on Phases & Milestones and Bookings & Vacation:

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.53.46 am

But that only allows you to view the existing bookings/phases not create new ones or edit existing ones. It’s also not possible to delete people just from the Crew Planning App, however, you could filter down to a specific subset of People by creating a new field on People called Crew Planning and then check the people you want to appear in Crew Planning, then use the Advanced Filters to filter down to only those people.

We built Crew Planning as an experimental app to validate ideas about how people want to manage their crew across the studio. We’ve learned a lot, and because of feedback from users, decided to keep this app around in “beta". Although we do plan to return to it in the future, the product team doesn’t have immediate plans to update it right now. When we do, we’ll be reaching out to existing users and working with them on its next iteration. You’re encouraged to keep using it if you find value in the app.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Astrid

4 Likes

Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your answer. It was so helpful. I have filtered the people per departments as you suggest and is so much easy to track them.

I realised that to be able to go to the Gantt Display , I have to get inside of one single project. But I need to track to artist that are working on different projects so i would need a general gantt bar in the page of projects or in the page of people actually. Is that possible to view in some way?

Thank you

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi Alejandra,

Happy New Year! Sorry for the delay, I’ve been out of the office.

You can create a global Tasks page to see across multiple Projects. To do that, go to the + menu and select Page. Next, choose Tasks as the Entity and remove the Project in the Project field:

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 10.58.53 am

That will then show you all the Tasks across all Projects.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Astrid

2 Likes