Completely delete a project in shotgun

Hi, I have been reading through this topic in regards of deleting a project in shotgun, but it’s been almost a year ago and I want to check in again to see if any updates about this.

I do see there is an option in shotgun Web GUI if you right click the Archived project, to “Send selected project to Trash”, but I assume this will not completely delete the project?

Thanks
-Sinux

2 Likes

Hi Sinux,

I think you may be referring to this post, is that correct? There are two options for Project removal. One is Archiving while the other is sending the Project to the Trash.

The Trash option is a little more permanent, in that depending on the size of the Project it may be difficult to revive all the records contained therein. This is why we recommend the Archive approach when a Project is wrapped up and you no longer need to regularly access it. In general we try to be as non-destructive with the data as we can.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your use case so we can better understand the need to completely delete a whole Project?

1 Like

Hi Brandon,

Yes, I was referring that post you mentioned.

In our case, it’s a little unique, we are in transition for one of our project to another team who belongs to another company, the idea is to clone our current instance, keep the project we are going to hand off and delete the rest projects. that’s why I was asking a way to “completely” delete the project to make sure our own projects are unseen by external team.

If there are other options to specifically export a single project from our shotgun instance and import to other instance, we’d like to learn in more details.

Thanks
-Sinux

2 Likes

Thanks for the extra details. We unfortunately don’t have a clean way to “transfer ownership” of a single Project from one Shotgun site to the next. I’ve flagged your use case with the Product team so they can take it into account when making future plans.

2 Likes