Create can only open one instance of Nuke 10.5v7 on Centos 7

Screenshot from 2020-03-03 01-55-11

Hi I’m on Centos 7, when I open Nuke 10.5 from Create the first session opens fine, if I try to open a second Nuke instance, for a different task, it fails with the above error, if however I close the current open Nuke 10.5 and try to open another one it opens, like if you could only have one instance of Nuke open.

This does not happen with Nuke 12, I can open as many Nukes as I want.

Info:
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
Shotgun Create Version 2020.2.62

[ SGTK ENGINE ] External execution complete. Output: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Nuke 10.5v7, 64 bit, built Nov 14 2017.
Copyright © 2017 The Foundry Visionmongers Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/Nuke10.5v7/plugins/init.py”, line 22, in
import nukescripts.ViewerProcess
File “/usr/local/Nuke10.5v7/plugins/nukescripts/init.py”, line 22, in
from nukeprofiler import *
File “/usr/local/Nuke10.5v7/plugins/nukescripts/nukeprofiler.py”, line 2, in
import socket
File “/opt/Autodesk/ShotgunCreate/python/lib/python2.7/socket.py”, line 47, in
import _socket
ImportError: /opt/Autodesk/ShotgunCreate/python/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/_socket.so: undefined symbol: _PyInt_AsInt

Hey @macbeth,

Checking with the team on this issue

2 Likes

Hi @macbeth,

Looks like we are tracking this issue already and hope to have a fix soon, it does seem to be SG Create specific, current workaround would be to use SG Desktop to launch multiple instances?

-David

2 Likes

We just introduced Create at the studio the artists are liking this a lot, more than the webpage, so that will be a turndown for them, for some projects we can just use Nuke 12.

But I read about this error and it is just a minor version mismatch between pythons isn’t?

As a workaround, can I just replace the socket module inside create? or import socket from the correct python version inside nukeprofiler.py ?

Any suggestions would be great! thanks!