CSV Import to Note - Tasks Field

Hello,

I’m in the middle of data migration between different SG projects, and I had some difficulty setting the value to Tasks field in Note entity.

When I import CSV to update Tasks field, I want the tasks linked to the entity in Links field automatically detected. Instead I always get “Invalid Entity” error so I have to manually find the matching task from the list, and the list does not always show everything either if there are a lot of tasks. The same thing happens when manually adding a value by double clicking on the field.

For example, in the attached images, I want “LO_mobu” linked to the asset “testA” not those linked to other assets.

It would be nice if there’s an easy way to achieve this.

Thank you,
Yu

3 Likes

Thanks for raising this Yu- we do this already for Versions, so it might be possible with Notes as well. Let me see what we can do.

4 Likes

Wanted to follow up on this. Is there a better way to bring notes in via csv while linking to tasks? Maybe we could import Shots/tasks/versions with a “Notes” field instead?

For anyone following along at home, I believe the CSV importer for Notes has been updated! As long as your note is also getting linked to the Asset “TestA”, the importer is smart enough to find the task “LO_mobu” from the asset it was linked to (not the million other LO_mobu tasks). Thank you SG developers!

2 Likes