Customize categories in SG Create?

Hi, I have a request!

When updating statuses in SG Create, I find that I’m missing an intermediate status category between Active and Done, such as any task that is out on client review which is neither done nor active, and wont be touched it until there’s feedback. The “Done” category gets filled to the brim as the project progresses, and it mostly loses its purpose if you actually need to find anything in there when it becomes the catch-all category. I also wish to clear any pending tasks from the Active tab to make sure it’s easy to focus on the important tasks and not dilute the experience with things that are pending and can’t be worked on at the moment.

I’m thinking I’d like to have these categories: Upcoming - Active - Pending - Done . The review interface doesn’t cover this either really. I realize this may not suit everyone, so it would be great if you could create your own categories, the more things you can customize the merrier! :wink:

It would also be very handy to be able to set the status of a task directly from the overview page, without having to dive into a task. Perhaps using the little pop-up menu we already have, or by directly clicking on the status icon in the lower right corner of each task box.

What do you think?

6 Likes

Hi Arvid,

Thanks for these valuable feedback here. Our Create product team will be happy to see more of this kind.

I’d like to add my $0.01 on categorizing Pending Review. How about we categorize it as Upcoming? When a task is with clien/internal review, we set it as Pending Review and shift them all back to Upcoming. Once feedback added, the reviewer or production role update the status to WIP or ect, which is categorized as Active. The task then will pop up to be focused again.

How does it sound?

Custom category and status update on the overview page are both awesome feature. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom. Anyone else? Don’t be shy to share your thoughts.

Cheers,
Ben

2 Likes

+1 for this feature. I also feel that a Pending Review is missing.

3 Likes

I agree! I’ve been enjoying the ideas circulating in the forum around making My Tasks more kanban-esque, and I think this fits right in. We’re all ears on anything else you need to improve artist focus.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Sure that could work, but I feel like the Upcoming tab is for any work that haven’t been started yet, but is available to grab, whereas anything that is Pending should be left alone until further notice.

I think the great thing about SG Create is that the GUI makes you want to clear out your Active panel by taking on tasks until it’s empty, and then go get more stuff from the Upcoming panel, rinse, repeat until everything is either on review or Done. If we mix up pending tasks with upcoming ones, we take away some of that “gamified” sense of completion it gives to clear out a panel of tasks as it is unclear what to do with them, and it steals some of the overview you would get over the project to easily see whether the ball is in our court or the clients’.

Once there’s feedback internally or externally, that task will pop back into Upcoming with a feedback status and actual notes attached, available to be grabbed by the artist once again.

Another great little addition would be if the various categories would show the number of tasks within, for example: Upcoming (5) - Active (3) - Pending (10) - Done (4) and a refresh button.

That’s how I’d set it up I think.

3 Likes

Hi Arvid,

You convinced me, especially to show the number of tasks on each tab. Really love it! Yes, all our discussion here is valuable as the Product team will see them. But I would like to send your feedback directly again to the Product team just because I love it.

For future wisdoms as such, you could also follow the post below and submit to our product team directly.

Cheers,
Ben

1 Like