Customizing entity hierarchy (Asset)

Hi

I have question about Customizing entity hierarchy
I want to make as below

Asset Library>Tape>Asset
or Asset Library>Asset

I tried to find those link in tracking settings
but … just coming out type>asset in asset entity even I made new field of Asset library <-> Asset with multi-entity field type

Please answer me
Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @지은_전,

Thanks for your post to the community! I’m assuming that “Tape” is a custom entity that you’ve created. If you meant “Type”, then you can skip the second step below.

The way you can update your hierarchy is by creating a entity type link instead of multi-entity type. Multi-entity means that there is a many-to-many relationship between two entities. So with that many-to-many relationship, you won’t have any effect on the hierarchy since Shotgun won’t know which record to choose since there are many. But with an entity type link, you’ll have a one-to-many relationship between the entities which will be reflected in your hierarchy.

That said, you’ll want to follow these steps to set up your hierarchy:

1. You’ll want to create an entity type link from Assets to Tape first (assuming Tape is a custom entity you’ve enabled on your site and in the project). If you may have meant “Type” instead of “Tape”, you can create one entity link from Assets to Asset Library—if this is the case, you can skip forward to step 3. From your Assets page:

1. Then you’ll want to ensure there is another entity type link from Tape to Asset Library. This will give you a hierarchy option of Asset Library>Tape>Asset.

1. Now, you’ll have the following hierarchy options in your project tracking settings under Asset and can set your hierarchy accordingly.

If you want to learn more about entity type fields, I recommend this video from our producer series:

6 Likes

Thank you
I got it, the keyword was Entity of field type not multi-entity

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2020년 8월 26일 (수) 오전 3:35, Shayna Duguid via Community @ Shotgun <shotgunsoftware@discoursemail.com>님이 작성:

3 Likes