Customizing RV interface when linked to Shotgun

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new to trying to customize RV and was wondering if what I want to do is possible and if yes, where to begin with setting it up.

I’ve had a request from someone in my studio to customize the interface once RV is launched and linked with Shotgun. Rather than needing to use pagination to go back to select a new project or to switch between entities, we want to use either drop down menus or tabs. For example, going from this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 11.37.56 AM

To something like this:

Even being able to move around the existing elements of the current interface could work as the top menu bar is pretty close to meeting this request. Is any of this customization possible?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey @jessicawynncole,

Thank you for using the forums!

Unfortunately this isn’t possible because the Shotgun-linked Screening Room interface is a web page that is served through a Qt docked window in RV. All of the web code is stored in our private Shotgun Javascript libraries that aren’t available to be modified by external developers.

You would have to write your own browser on top of RV. If you want to take a look at what is happening behind the scenes, you can take a look at $RV_INSTALL_PATH/PlugIns/Mu/shotgun_review_app.mu

Alternatively you can submit your feature requests to our public roadmap

Thanks,
Alexa

Does this apply to the Details panel as well?

Sadly, yes.