Error in Toolkit after renaming asset

Hi all, we’ve just started using Shotgun and I’m having a newbie question. Currently we create new project on the web interface and then use Shotgun desktop to configure Toolkit as centralized setup. However when try to edit an asset name, it’s no longer working (artist cannot open the file to edit in CCD such as Maya, screenshot attached), error returned was “Failed to create folders”. Shotgun asks to rerun tank commands to unregister the asset and reregister it to fix but I don’t know where to run those. Please help and sorry if the question sounds dumb :). Thank you!

78173436_512008092857949_6611765461115731968_n

2 Likes

Hi Sieumeo,

Thank you for reaching us. It is a common error message when you have asset name changed.

When you run Advanced configuration, you will give a path to store centralized configuration. You could find tank command in that folder.

Hope it is helpful.

Loney

2 Likes

Hi Loney, thanks a lot for your quick response. Dumb question where can I run the mentioned
Advanced configuration ? I’ve looked into the Toolkit menu but there’s no such option.

1 Like

When you setup centralized configuration, you need to run this. you could find the menu here.

1 Like

When you meet his error, advanced project setup should be done. You don’t need to run it twice.

1 Like

For more detail, you could read this article.

1 Like

hmm it’s weird after we run the setup for the first time, that “Advanced Project Setup” menu item disappeared. The asset renaming happened after project setup.

1 Like

Just to let you know, I’ve moved this topic over to the Pipeline Integrations category.

Once the advanced setup wizard has been run on a project, the option to run it is intentionally removed. It is possible to re setup a project however if you wish.

As @jing.liu mentioned you will need to run the tank command mentioned in the error message:

tank.bat Asset ch03_rockat_drummer unregister_folders

The tank.bat can be found at the root of the configuration you set up, if you’re not sure where that is, this topic should help you find it.

3 Likes

I was able to find the config folder following your link. Thanks a lot for your help :)!

3 Likes