ERROR message on bulk import - Please help!

Hi there,

I am getting the following error when bulk importing shots from a csv into our new (shot film) project:

ERROR: The input data is in a format that can’t be imported. Verify the column count is consistent across all rows.

Has anyone had this error message and know a way around? My CSV matches the SG collums and I have no weird characters eg / or & etc.

Examples of our naming conventions are:

SHOT CODE: SQ001_SH0010
SEQUENCES: SQ001

Let me know if you require any more info!

Cheers,
Laura

4 Likes

Hey Laura, I usually see this when one of the column headers has a carriage return in it.

12 Likes

AMAZING - that fixed it!!

Thank you so much :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi @Laura_Dunkley,

Welcome to the forums! Stephen is on the money. We sometimes see this error when there are unexpected carriage returns or null characters in the headers or elsewhere as part of your import. Take a look at your CSV to see if anything like that exists, remove, and try the import again and let us know how it works for you.

3 Likes

I type way too slow. Thanks @Stephen !

3 Likes

Thanks again guys

2 Likes

Hello, I am getting this error on the import of a large report that contains thousands of cells of data. I checked all the headers, no returns, but I don’t have time to hand-check every cell in the report. Is there a way to quickly find the things tripping up the import in Excel?

Thank you

2 Likes

Hey Tamar,

Sorry to hear you’re hitting this. One way to quickly scan your document is to do a Find/Replace in Excel. This article I found has a good step-by-step walkthrough for how to do it. Give that a try and let us know if that helps! If not, we may need to look at your sheet directly to see what may be causing the problem. You can send us an email to support@shotgunsoftware.com with the doc attached and we’ll help.

2 Likes