Filmstrip thumbnails not showing up

So publishing new versions and we’ve had the past few not have any thumbnails show up. Is something up with the Shotgun transcoder? Will they eventually show up?

4 Likes

We’ve had a whole swath of things not appear today too and I was just here trying to figure out why. Looks like it’s not just us.

3 Likes

Same here.

3 Likes

Hey all—the team is aware and investigating. Details when we have them.

3 Likes

This incident is now being tracked on the Shotgun Status page.

The team will post updates over there as available. I’ll relay anything important, too, but keeping eyes there may get you info faster.

Sorry for the trouble!

3 Likes

@jlweiss @Mark @dschwarz - we’ve adjusted some transcoding settings on your site to hopefully alleviate this issue. Can you let us know how things are looking on your end now?

3 Likes

Hey, just tested and reuploading a file to sg will trigger thumbnail generation correctly, but the existing broken ones remain.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Same here - newer uploads seem fine but older ones still wonky. Do I need to have everyone re-upload or will those eventually show up? (I did a quick survey and since it the end of the day here we’ll be fine if they’ll show up by morning.)

2 Likes

@Jessica do you know if the transcoder will go back and update those earlier ones or if there is anyway to fix them on our end?

3 Likes

@jlweiss @Mark @dschwarz thanks for that intel! Glad newer uploads are working again now. I’m asking our devops teams about previously uploaded jobs, so stay tuned for more info on that once I have it.

3 Likes

Alrighty, sounds like you won’t need to requeue your old jobs. Once our team has a full handle of what’s happened, we’ll requeue everything that failed for you. If you need any of your Versions transcoded ASAP, feel free to resubmit things yourself, but otherwise, have no fear - we’ll handle the rest once the dust settles.

5 Likes

Great - thanks for the update!

2 Likes

My pleasure!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let y’all know that this issue has been fully resolved. Old transcoding jobs should have been requeued and completed by now, and new transcodes should be business-as-usual. Please give a shout if there’s anything else you need on this one and thanks for your patience with us while we worked to resolve everything!

3 Likes