Hello there community—it’s #forum-friday time!
July's Community Highlights
On the forum:
- The Autodesk Vision Series (September 9, 2020 → September 11, 2020) event main page is live. Head over today to sign up for updates on presentations and session info.
- @jfboismenu gave a progress update on Shotgun Integration’s Python 3 support efforts.
- Working remotely these days? We want to hear your best tips and tricks! @ATuller shares more info on how to participate in this thread
- Speaking of working remote…the Shotgun Street Team has been doing that since the beginning days of Shotgun. Get our best work and staying sane tips in this short video.
- @sabrina shared a rundown of what’s been happening this past quarter with Shotgun.
New releases, features, and updates:
Shotgun 8.15 rolled out to hosted sites with a focus on refinements to the importer as well as a laundry list of bug fixes and improvements.
Shotgun Integration 1.3.10 and 1.3.11 were released. 1.3.10 was a maintenance release for the Shotgun App Store, while 1.3.11 brought Python 3.7 support to a handful of apps, engines, and frameworks.
Some light reading:
- Learn how Solent University uses Shotgun to keep classes going during the pandemic
- Hear architectural visualization, commercial VFX, and experiential marketing studio Neoscape’s journey with Shotgun and how they adapted to the rapid move to remote work
- Befores & Afters highlights how you can run your vfx workflow in the cloud with Shotgun and Conductor
- More voices on working remotely in the media & entertainment industries
New to Forum Friday?
Forum Friday is a day where members of the Shotgun Team will be joining discussion in the forums all day—ready to answer your questions. Think of it as an “Ask Me Anything” session with our team and other members of the SG Community.
When: July 30, 2020
Where: Right here!
Who: Anyone and everyone!
If you’re not sure where to start, come say hi in our introductions thread!
Till next time, I leave you with some Bob Ross inspiration:
See you on the forum!