Hello there community-it’s time for this month’s Forum Friday!
With the uptick in global disruption from COVID-19 and productions continuing forward, let’s jump right in.
The team has been pulling together work-from-home (#wfh) resources, best practices, and tips & tricks:
- Remote collaboration and working from home have been the way of life for much of the Shotgun team for years. Learn some of our team’s best tips for staying productive and sane while holed up here. Better yet? Share your own! (Thanks, @clintond and @François_Touvet!)
- What technical challenges are you facing with remote workflows? Discuss them here.
- Any topic on the forum related to remote work has been tagged with #wfh. You’ll see a handful of existing discussions in the #shotgun, #pipeline, and #rv categories. (If you post something related, please add the #wfh tag to your post. )
- Visual Effect Society’s COVID-19 WFH Best Practices
- COVID-19 Autodesk Resource Center—includes a recap of Autodesk’s overall actions in response to COVID-19 and resources for Shotgun and other Autodesk products.
- Autodesk Extended Access Program—covers details about the Shotgun extended access program
Last, it’s important to practice a little self care in these trying times. Here are a few ideas that have been circulating the team:
- Take an on demand yoga class with Corepower Yoga
- Scribd is offering access to their ebook, audiobook, and magazine library
- Mindfulness company Ten Percent Happier pushed out a handy Coronavirus Sanity Guide and hosts a daily five-minute meditation at 3PM ET every weekday
- Take a free online Ivy League course on Class Central
- Gifs of kittens and puppies (see below)
Thanks to everyone who has helped pull together resources, jumped into the discussion, and the community as a whole for offering up solutions to ever shifting dynamics!
For those new to Forum Friday…
Forum Friday is a day where members of the Shotgun Team will be posting in the forums all day, ready to answer your questions, and talk Shotgun. Think of it as an “Ask Me Anything” session with our team and other members of the SG Community.
When: Friday, March 27, 2020
Starting: Friday 5PM PST (Friday 12AM UTC)
Ending: Friday 5PM PST (Saturday 12AM UTC)
Who: Anyone and everyone!
If you’re new to the community and not sure where to start, come say hi in our introductions thread!
Stay safe, stay healthy!