Thanks for the reply. I’ll try to explain our process.
We have differents level Epic, Sprint, Ticket
For us an Epic is group of Tickets which define the Features for a particular thing like EvalUsd.
A Sprint is a group of tickets (linked to different Epic).
We must complete them in a period of time. Sprint can have different durations depending on the Department. R&D 2 weeks and TD 1 week for example.
Our process is :
- We define the User Stories of the Epic
- We convert User Stories into Tickets.
- We estimate and define a priority order for each Ticket.
- We link Tickets to Sprints.
- We do not totally fill the Sprint with Tickets. We always let 30-40% of time dedicated to the support.
At the end of this exercice, we can see the planning from two point of view, Epic and Sprint.
With the Epic point of view, I can see if an Epic´s end match the start of a department. And have a kind of Roadmap with all the Epic displayed.
And with the Sprint, I can see if the R&D and the TD are aligned.
Let me know if you need more detail.