How to create two separate Assets Pages

Hello,

I am trying to create another Assets Page beside the one that comes standard in the “TV series” configuration. This is because some Assets are from preproduction (sets, props etc) and the other Assets are from Post production (CG Plane, CG Set) and they both follow very different templates/rules etc…
Now I could put them all in the same Assets page and filter by type, but id like to know if I can just have two completely separate pages.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @Eddie_Anton, thanks for writing in, we’ll be happy to help out here.

You absolutely can create multiple pages, each with their own saved filters to help separate out your assets. This can be done for any page/view across the whole of Shotgun. I’m attaching 2 guides below that show how you can create new pages and how to customise them.

For your use-case, the key thing you’ll want to do is create a new page, and then add a filter that is filtering for your set of assets. Once you save the layout of that page, the filter gets saved with it, meaning loading that page each time will load those filtered assets.

Have a look and let us know if there’s anything you’re missing. If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Sorry Andrew I missed this post, thank you for the help! I ended up making two pages within the Assets department, one for preproduction and one for post. The list of tasks is shared for both, but thats fine its not too confusing for artists to find their respective tasks.
Thanks!

2 Likes