MAC Shotgun Create not starting

Hi there!
I’ve just downloaded the latest version of shotgun create for macOS (version 2019.08.061) and I can’t even reach my reviews board, the loading wheel keeps loading forever. When I click on the top right on the user icon, Shotgun create states that I am a retired user.

Any ideas about this?
Thank a lot for your help!

Geoff

HI @geoff_75,

I’ve made this a personal message as I need to gather some more information from you in order to figure out what is going wrong here. If after the problem is solved and you are ok with making the details within public, we can put it back out to the forum.

All that said! would you be able to tell me what your Shotgun site address is?

Thank you,
Beth

Hey Beth, Many thanks for reaching out!

That is so weird!

It just works again!

the site is (hidden)

So sorry for the noise! do you need me to do anything?

Thank you so much!

Geoff

···

Geoffroy Givry

Founder and Director - Aedis Technologies Ltd.

Well that’s good to hear! I checked out your user on your Shotgun site and everything appears to be ok. I’ll leave this thread open for a few days in case it happens again. If I don’t hear back from you I will close it up :slight_smile:

The Shotgun Create user guide can be found here if you need it:

https://support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001044954-Shotgun-Create

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like

Hi Beth!
Hope this email finds you well.

I wanted to let you know that it happened again today. I haven’t managed to make it work.

Just to let you know my setup:

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017, 16Gb RAM, SSD 500GB, with a 28 inch Samsung screen as well.

I have constantly Microsoft Teams, Chrome and Skype For Business opened. Could it be a software issue?

My next step will be to switch off all the apps and see how it goes.

Thank you very much!

Geoff

···

Geoffroy Givry

Hey Beth,
That is weird, now it is back again, but it seems that it doesn’t work during the day (London UTC/GMT +1 hour)

I’ve tried the whole day and nothing happened.

Next time I will make a vidcap for you.

Thanks a lot!

Geoff

···

Geoffroy Givry

Hi @geoff_75 ,

I’ve made this topic public again in the Shotgun Create room but have hidden any site specific details so others can benefit.

Have you tried accessing your Create account from a different computer or different network to see if it works then? Is there a proxy server set up that could be blocking you from access?

I’m going to check in with our Create team and see if they have any thoughts as well.

Cheers,
Beth

Geoff, could you send me your Create log file? It can be found here on a mac:

• /Users/${USER}/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/ShotgunCreate/

Thanks!
Beth

Hi there!
To answer your questions, Beth, I am accessing Shotgun Create from the same computer on the same network.

The only thing is that I have a VPN connection to access the intranet of one of my client. I am using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.

I found that if I start Cisco AnyConnect before any applications, I am having an issue to connect to Skype for business (linked to the same client). If I start Skype for business first and then AnyConnect, Skype works well. Could Shotgun Create have the same problem?

Thank you very much!

Geoff

sure doing it right now. ShotgunCreate.log (250.6 KB)

1 Like

This might be worth trying - can you take a look and let us know what happens?

@geoff_75, If you close all windows of your web browser and then launch your VPN then try going to Shotgun, are you able to pull up the site? This might help show if that’s an artifact of the VPN.

1 Like

Hey Micheal, thanks a lot for your help.
So I’ve noticed that if I start my day by opening first Shotgun Create, it will run smoothly and I won’t have any problems with it. but if I’ve opened the VPN and Microsoft Teams together and then Shotgun Create, this is where it breaks.

As you’ve said I do think it comes from the VPN and not Create itself.

Thanks a lot Beth and Micheal for your help!

Geoff

2 Likes

Create now is behaving quite bizarrely.

If I have both the VPN and Teams opened (After having opened Create), I can see my reviews but when I go to one of them, it doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t load.

I have to switch off both teams and AnyConnect to be able to load the reviews.

On top of that, sometimes I can’t even select the reviews, and can’t right-click on them either. I need to close the application and open it back again.

Thank you for your help.