Movie upload issues with the api

Hi,

I’m getting a weird issue trying to upload an mp4 to Shotgun through Deadline and it’s proving quite difficult to debug.

I’m using the command:
sg.upload(“Version”, *v_id, *mp4, “sg_upload_movie_mp4”). within an events script. This has worked for me for weeks. Now all of a sudden some machines are refusing to do it at all.

I consistenly get the below error on some machines while others process the command without fail:

ShotgunError : Could not upload file successfully, but not sure why

Unfortunately it’s a bit of a vague error so I’ve got no idea why it’s not working. The machine can do the upload if it’s not run through Deadline.

I recently switched to the latest version of the API using pip to install it in our venv (before it was just in the codebase). But if this was going to break it I would have thought all machines would stop working…

Any thoughts on why it might be breaking would be great!

Nick

1 Like

Hi @Nweeden,

Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your having issues today.

Did this just start happening today? We unfortunately hit an incident earlier and I wonder if it might be related to your issue. You can get more details and timing information here:
https://status.shotgunsoftware.com/incidents/bm64k7j72y9t

Is this still an ongoing problem you’re experiencing?

1 Like

It’s still an ongoing issue, not related to the issues from today, I got a different error for that. This started last week. I did make a few big changes to our general code (most notably moving the api) but if that was going to break anything I’d assume it would have broken it all. I’m just trying to work out if there’s a way to get more information about why it’s failing.

1 Like

Which version of the API is being run?

1 Like

1 Like

I think the issue is that I switched to having the shotgun api in the virtual env instead of my codebase. Because this runs through Deadline I can only assume that some machines were getting Shotgun from my virtual env and some where picking up whatever version ships with Deadline. I’ve reverted back to having it in my codebase and it seems to be working so far.

Nick

1 Like