Newbie question: Is there a way to see a column that tells me the duration of a shot in seconds?

Well, as I said: Is there a way to see a column that tells me the duration of a shot in seconds?
I want to see both because is more visual for the producers and clients.

1 Like

What my bosses want to see is either a column or a chart that can quickly tell them how many seconds have been approved and how many they have left to do. Is there such a thing is SG?
This is the closest I have gotten.

1 Like

Hey @Luis_Bolan! I’m sure the official Shotgun folks will have some suggestions (probably better suggestions) but I can show you what we’ve done at my studio to get this info.

Do you have a field that currently contains the information for the shot duration in some other format? We have a Frame Count field that we fill out at the beginning of the project for each shot and then we have a calculation field to convert that to minutes. (Yes it displays “hrs” in the field I haven’t been able to figure out how to fix that part - I assume because it’s our default time setting instead of days, but we stopped fighting it because we know what we’re looking at.)

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.55.09 AM

So if you have a field that somehow contains duration already, you can set up another calculation field to convert that information to seconds.

However, I should point out that the graph widget you screen-capped shows graphs based on Tasks, so even if you do have the shot length info on the SHOT level, that’s not going to get pulled into this particular graph, since it’s based on Tasks. It seems like once you have the calculation in place though, the graphing issue should be something that can be worked out.

In any case, I’ve posted this response so I can see what other solutions folks have come up with too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds good enough to me. Thanks a lot. :grinning:

1 Like

And guess what, I configured it to show minutes and it works like a charm. Thanks again. Now I only need to make it work in a graph.

2 Likes

Oh great! If you get the graph working, screen cap your settings so I can steal your work please! :smiley:

2 Likes