OCIO Setup Help

Hey, thanks for this OCIO post. Despite this post being clear and well written, I’m still struggling to get this set up.
I have an OCIO config that I want put in a central location and connect everyone to it.

Getting tripped up at the off with adding a path to the RV_SUPPORT_PATH.
Tried in a shell 'rvpkg -include ’ but received an error.

Had a look at the python scripts on this page and although I know some python (artist’s python!) I couldn’t work out where to add the path to the ocio config file.

I’d love a bit more of a step-by-step guide.

Sorry for being a bit needy

Thanks

Steve

2 Likes

Hi Steve, I’ve moved this over to a new topic, we can share any important tips back in the original.

The OCIO config rv_ocio_setup.py that you edit should by in your PYTHONPATH, rather than just in your RV_SUPPORT_PATH.

Have you tried putting in in your PYTHONPATH or in the python directory of your RV_SUPPORT_PATH?

-Kessler

4 Likes

Thanks Michael,

I have a python path for nuke, I assume it’s the same kind of thing. Would this be an environment variable that RV looks for?

S

2 Likes

Correct. All python interpreters will look at that path. You can separate directories in the python path with : to have multiple of them.

2 Likes

The config is set in the function ocio_config_from_media, which should return a Config object, e.g. by OCIO.Config().CreateFromFile(config_path).
ocio_node_from_media then returns a configuration dict, which describes the corresponding node to be created, depending on the stage.

1 Like

Thanks mmoshev, that does shed some light. I need to dive in to the doc and get my head around this.

1 Like