I’ve got an odd situation I can’t seem to resolve. With one particular pipeline step, every time I try and version up a file in Maya within one of the steps I get an error saying “Unable to generate preview - this may be because nothing has ever been saved into this Work Area!”
I’m sure it’s got something to do with my template, but it’s only happening on this particular pipeline step.
here are the steps:
- Shotgun-> File Open
- Navigate to the shot/pipeline step/task
- Click New File
- Choose Shotgun -> File Save…
- It lets me save as v001 no problem
- I save, then move the camera and go Shotgun -> File Save…
- Instead of versioning up to v2 (like all my other tasks), it gives the error above.
any thoughts on where to look? thanks!