Published texture UDIMs from Mari not showing in "Publishes" inside of Loader

2 Likes

Hey Viet,

Are you getting the tif showing up at all under the textures/image?

It looks like there might be a different hook for Maya 2015+ for loading UDIMs, besides texture_node and image_plane.

Would you mind replacing the texture_node with udim_texture_node? This is what I have in my loader config:

# maya
settings.tk-multi-loader2.maya:
  action_mappings:
    Alembic Cache: [reference, import]
    Image: [texture_node, image_plane]
    Maya Scene: [reference, import]
    Photoshop Image: [texture_node, image_plane]
    Rendered Image: [texture_node, image_plane]
    Texture: [texture_node, image_plane]
    UDIM Image: [udim_texture_node, image_plane]

Do you have any custom actions that might be overriding the default ones?

Thanks,
Alexa

3 Likes

Hi Alexa! thanks for the help. And it works now. But regarding your question about custom actions. I cannot tell 100%, but right now, everything should be the default setting after I created the Advanced project setup. Since I don’t know much about setting up things, may I ask what could cause this? Should it be already there as a default? Maybe I did something wrong without knowing.

3 Likes

Hey Viet,

But regarding your question about custom actions. I cannot tell 100%, but right now, everything should be the default setting after I created the Advanced project setup.

Yeah if you set up the advanced config you should have defaults. I was curious if you’ve gotten as far as writing your own Python but sounds like you’re pretty early in the project.

Should it be already there as a default? Maybe I did something wrong without knowing.

So it seems like that udim_texture_node isn’t enabled by default because it has a limitation set on it. if you look at the code for Maya loader hook https://github.com/shotgunsoftware/tk-multi-loader2/blob/master/hooks/tk-maya_actions.py, you can see that this hook is only supported for Maya 2015+.

Have you had a chance to take a look at the Animation Pipeline Tutorial? It does say animation, but it’s actually an excellent tour of Toolkit in general and can really help to apply the concepts and how they fit together. I’ve gone through it recently myself and it’s great!
https://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/cb8926fc/?title=Animation+Pipeline+Tutorial

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Alexa

3 Likes

Hey. Thanks for the link to the Animation Pipeline Tutorial . I haven’t read it yet, and it really does look like it has a great overview of how things are connected. Will continue to dig into it.

And thanks again for the help… I will get there, “Slowly but Surely”. :smiley:

3 Likes