Query behaviour to be fixed

We recently use query fields to get single source infomation often, like frame range especially from Version entity items. That basically works well and we gain the benefit a lot.

But two problems to use it while previwing numbers and getting via API.

1. When we use query fields as using number “0”, shotgun displays None.
  2. When we get the query fields value by API, that links to the fields using number '0", it returns None instead of “0”.

Is it possible to fix this issue?

2 Likes

Hi @kishikawa_takanori,

Query fields are calculated on the client side and are not stored in the DB, therefore are unable to be called using the API, all values will return as None.

You can read more about query fields here;

-David

4 Likes

Hi @DavidMason

Thank you for the reply.

I get the current behaviour is like that for 2nd case.
So how about 1st case? For example, when we use a field for frame number and it’s referenced by query field, it shouldn’t display None on Shotgun page. We want “0” directry…

1 Like

Hi @kishikawa_takanori,

Can you share the query method you are using with a screenshot? I’ve done a query as follows;

Versions___ACES_Nuke_Workflow

An the result is 0 (when the cut in is zero)

-David

2 Likes

Hi @DavidMason,

This is the current query settings:

Hi @kishikawa_takanori,

I’ve reproduced the issue you are seeing, yes this looks like a polish issue, if the value returned is 0 when using the “Display Single Shot” option, then in the webUI it displays as blank. Interestingly, when you export to .csv it does have the value of 0, so it seems that it knows that the value is zero, but in the webUI there is no Value.

I’ve written up a ticket to address this.

-David

2 Likes

Hi @DavidMason

Thank you for the check for the behaviour.
I hope this will be fixed soon :slightly_smiling_face: :pray: