Retired Entity Changes not Refreshing in the Same Browser Session

Hi @echao,

The SSUID mechanism you’re leveraging isn’t specific to Webhooks, it actually underlies AMIs, the ShotgunEventDaemon or any other API interaction.

In a nutshell, each web browser tab has it’s session_uuid and on some key GUI interactions, a poller is started that looks at the stream of EventLogEntry records for any record that shares the same token. If your script provides this SSUID when it talks back to Shotgun and the poller is still active (it tails off exponentially and eventually stops), you get the green blip and updated data.

What you should know is that the poller specifically looks for *_Change type events. This means that if you create a new record or retire a record, it won’t just appear or disappear from the page. It had originally been judged that the sudden appearance or disappearance of records might be too jarring and these types of creation and retirement events were excluded.

I don’t think this behaviour will change in the context of the current Webhooks beta because it is very much a core Shotgun web application behaviour. I’ll still mention it to @zoe.glynn and the team.

Finally, I suggest you submit a feature request to our product team through their roadmap should you like to see retirements also be taken into account in this visual feedback system.

1 Like