RV 7.6.0 Shiboken2 Errors

Hi,
ProRes support is really welcome here. Thanks for that.

One thing I noticed is that I get a ton of warnings on startup:

/rakete/tools/installs/lx64/rv/7.6.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shiboken2/support/signature/parser.py:191: RuntimeWarning: pyside_type_init:
        UNRECOGNIZED:   'PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox.Icon'
        OFFENDING LINE: '1:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox(icon:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox.Icon,title:QString,text:QString,buttons:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox.StandardButtons=QMessageBox.NoButton,parent:PySide2.QtWidgets.QWidget=nullptr,flags:PySide2.QtCore.Qt.WindowFlags=Qt.Dialog | Qt.MSWindowsFixedSizeDialogHint)'

""".format(thing, line), RuntimeWarning)
/rakete/tools/installs/lx64/rv/7.6.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shiboken2/support/signature/parser.py:191: RuntimeWarning: pyside_type_init:
        UNRECOGNIZED:   'QString'
        OFFENDING LINE: '1:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox(icon:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox.Icon,title:QString,text:QString,buttons:PySide2.QtWidgets.QMessageBox.StandardButtons=QMessageBox.NoButton,parent:PySide2.QtWidgets.QWidget=nullptr,flags:PySide2.QtCore.Qt.WindowFlags=Qt.Dialog | Qt.MSWindowsFixedSizeDialogHint)'

There’s a lot more, but all come from shiboken2. So far I can’t see any issues, just wondering what could cause them, since they are new with the latest release.
We are on Centos 7 here.

Cheers,
Nico

1 Like

Hi @Nico

I’ve taken the liberty to move this over to a new post, I hope you don’t mind.

This is strange, it looks like it could possibly be picking up a separate PySide2 installation. Do you have a PySide2 existing in your paths/libs that it is picking up?

It seems to be using the shiboken from RV from what I can tell from your output, if you strace rv, do you see it loading a system-provided Qt or PySide library?

Thanks,
-Kessler

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

after some digging I think it’s a homemade problem. We start our applications through a python tool that manages our environments. And that tool is still written with PySide1, using qprocess to start RV.
When I start RV from a clean commandline the warnings are gone. So I guess I get some clashes from our tool, even though it’s the first time I see them. Other PySide2 software has not complained yet.

I’ll try to switch the launcher to PySide2 at some point, but since we haven’t included PySide2 in our default system installations yet it will take some time. For now I think I can live with the warnings.
Sorry for the false alarm.

Nico

3 Likes

Hey Nico,

I’ve asked in a private communication for a print out of your environment so we can figure out what is getting through that is causing this in hopes that we can mitigate it on the application side.

Thanks,
-Kessler

2 Likes

Any news on this topic? I am also gettings these warnings after importing the sgtk_auth module…