Hi
We found a reproducible error (windows and linux) with RV 7.7 and 7.8

1. Open screening room
  2. Play something
  3. Isolate Version and Neighbours
  4. Try play something else in the first instance of the player
  5. Error:
ERROR: remote-eval: exception: "unknown exception"
ERROR: remote-eval: 'shotgun_review_app.theMode().openPaneToUrl("https://xxx.shotgunstudio.com/page/review_app_details", "Right", 450);

A second problem is if you try close the version detail pane in the first instance of the player after launching “Isolate Version and Neighbours”. It won’t close:

WARNING: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/QDockWidget) Negative sizes (0,-1) are not possible

1 Like

Hi @luke,

Just to update you here that we are replicating the issue on our side and may need your assistance elaborating the reproducing steps.

One thing to clarify, when you say in the first instance of the player, do you mean the original RV session?

We will have more reporting back.

1 Like

Hi Ben
Yes I mean the original RV session becomes broken after you launch a secondary RV session using Isolate Version and Neighbours. I record a gif showing the 2 problems. In this case the original RV session crashed when I try close the details pane. I’ve noticed that either it will crash or it will print the second error message I included above

2 Likes

Thanks for further elaboration @luke. I’m replicating it on my Win 10 machine and will escalate it to the RV tech folks with solid reproducing steps. Stay tuned.

1 Like

Hi @luke,

One more thing, could you please try shortcut comb Alt+D to dismiss the side detail panel? Let me know if it gives you the same frozen tool shelf of RV.

1 Like

ALT+D will hide it yes

Another issue is when pressing the pop-out button it just creates an empty floating widget

1 Like

Hi Luke,

I’ve associated this with a reported but. Unfortunately, this appears to be a regression with the Qt5 transition (RV 7.3- to RV 7.5+).

With tagging it in our bug report, it helps us prioritize resolving this; thanks! Sadly there’s no known work-around.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Using isolate version and neighbours is how we view contextual shots from a playlist so it’s important for us that this feature doesn’t break the original RV instance. The other widget glitches are less important to us

2 Likes

Hey Luke,

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of RV (2021.0.0).

Could you please download that version and let us know if the issue is resolved for you?

Thanks,
Alexa

2 Likes

Thanks Alexa both issues are fixed in 2021.0.0

3 Likes

I have the same problem!

Let me try out RV (2021.0.0), thanks for the info!
Jimmy

RV2021.0.0 works fine!
Thanks

2 Likes