RV Licenses: RV Standalone License Purchase and Transfer Inquiries

All of RV licensing requirements are handled through tweak@autodesk.com email alias. Please email them directly with your purchasing request. In order to make this process easier and faster, please take a look at some of the easy to provide information below that Tweak will ask for.

Here are the types of common requests:

• New license (RV, RVSDI, RVIO) that isn’t licensed through Shotgun. Here is the minimum info required(though Tweak sales team will likely have followup billing questions):

Email Subject: New RV (RVSDI/RVIO) license request
    Name: Your full name
    Email address: Your email address that you’d like to associate with new license
    Product type: RV, RVSDI or RVIO and earliest version you need.
    Number of Licenses: The number of licenses you’re requesting, default is 1.
    Mac Address(es) RV licenses are either float or node-locked, depending on what Mac address you specify. If you specify a license server, then you will be able to float the license, by using our TLM Server. You can learn how to set up license server here. How do I find my MAC HostID?

• Upgrade license (RV, RVSDI, RVIO) OR maintenance that isn’t licensed through Shotgun. Here is the minimum info required(though Tweak sales team will likely have followup billing questions):

Email Subject: Upgrade RV (RVSDI/RVIO) license request
    Number of Licenses: The number of licenses you’re requesting, default is 1.
    Mac Address(es) (if different from request) RV licenses are either float or node-locked, depending on what Mac address you specify. If you specify a license server, then you will be able to float the license, by using our TLM Server. You can learn how to set up license server here. How do I find my MAC HostID?

NOTE: Please attach your existing license to the email.

• Transfer to a new Mac Address. Here is the minimum info required:

Email Subject: Transfer RV (RVSDI/RVIO) license request
    Mac Address(es) Your new mac address that you want to transfer RV to. RV licenses are either float or node-locked, depending on what Mac address you specify. If you specify a license server, then you will be able to float the license, by using our TLM Server. You can learn how to set up license server here. How do I find my MAC HostID?

NOTE: Please attach your existing license to the email.

Some other FAQ about RV licenses:

RV Licenses: Am I Licensed?

RV Licenses: Contents of RV License File

4 Likes