RV Screening room - local media

Hi, folks!

I’m trying to use RV to review rendered images from versions. And I do want to review the actual EXR-sequence located on local network storage, not the transcoded/compressed/lossy/uploaded MOV-File. Is there some kind of switch in RV UI, or are the version entities missing some information/linking/whatever?

So long, DD

Hi DD,

Make sure your sg_path_to_frames is filled out on your versions; it will use that path to load the local files. If you have high quality local movies, you can also use sg_path_to_movie and it should load that. You’ll see both much higher quality and much better performance.

If there are paths there but your specific machine isn’t mapped right, check this page out for setting up your RV_OS_PATHs

Ah! Thanks a lot! My versions had both - sg_path_to_frames and sg_path_to_movie so RV picked the mov file. Clearing the sg_path_to_movie field does the job!

@dietmar.kreider, an even better option is to set your preference. In the Shotgun->Session Prefs menu you can set your Swap Media preference there. If you set that to frames it should prefer that over movie.

Cheers!

Thanks! I will definitely check it out!

1 Like