Setting pipeline config via shotgun descriptor

Hello,

I’m trying to bootstrap into our uploaded config on the farm via descriptor but it doesn’t seem to be able to find the config. I’m using something similar to this to try and get this up and running
mgr.pipeline_configuration = "sgtk:descriptor:shotgun?entity_type=PipelineConfiguration&id=##&field=sg_config&version=####"

Just wondering if there is a way to set up the descriptor to pull an uploaded config

I’ve been using this page for the descriptors https://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/tk-core/descriptor.html

2 Likes

Hey @Dfulton1!

Looking at the documentation for ToolkitManager.pipeline_configuration, I believe you’ll want to do things a bit differently. I’m specifically referring to this bit:

Alternatively, you can set this to a specific pipeline configuration. In that case, the Manager will look for a pipeline configuration that matches that name or id and the associated project and plugin id. If such a config cannot be found in Shotgun, it falls back on the base_configuration() .

So, I believe what you’ll want to do is set. up a PipelineConfiguration entity in Shotgun that points to an uploaded config with a shotgun descriptor (if you already haven’t), then set that entity’s name or id as the value of the pipeline_configuration property.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like