SG Toolkit on 4k Display

Is there a way to control how SG Desktop/Toolkit windows and type are scaled on 4k displays? It’s displaying differently in three different environments.

1. SG Desktop panel in Windows is small, but legible. Windows is set to scale text and apps 150%

2. SG TK in AE CC19 - super small, barely legible

3. SG TK in Maya - looks good: not too small, not too big

Thanks,
-Brian

1 Like

Hi Brian – This is a known issue our clients on 4k displays have been dealing with for a while. We’re hopeful that as we move to Python 3, Qt5, and PySide 2, it will be addressed, but we won’t know until we get there. I’ve linked this post to the internal bug ticket, so it’s being tracked there, and I’ve brought it up with the Product team. Thanks for reaching out about it, and sorry for little news to share!

1 Like

Any further news here? The current workaround is to override the application scaling settings in Windows (not sure for other OSes), but it would be nice if there was automatic support for this issue in SG Desktop / Toolkit itself.

Hi Jesse – I don’t work at Autodesk anymore, so unfortunately, I can’t comment on this. Hopefully someone from their product team is monitoring this forum.

2 Likes