Sg_uploaded_movie name on publish

When creating a version for an Asset, Shot, etc. on the web, the sg_uploaded_movie name matches the version name.

When creating a version for a CustomEntity on the web, the sg_uploaded_movie name matches the version name.

When using Photoshop Shotgun Toolkit to publish an Asset, Shot, etc., the sg_uploaded_movie name matches the version name.

When using Photoshop Shotgun Toolkit to publish a CustomEntity, the sg_uploaded_movie name is incorrect. Instead of the version name, it’s <alphanumeric-string>_sgtk.ext

This image shows the versions of a CustomEntity, one uploaded via web, one uploaded via the Photoshop Shotgun Publish tool.

The schema and templates for the CustomEntity all work, the file is named correctly on the network and put in the correct folder. Publishing a CustomEntity from maya also works correctly. The only thing off is the sg_uploaded_movie name when publishing from Photoshop. I suspect this is happening in tk-photoshopcc, or the publisher somewhere, either publish_document or upload_version, but I don’t see the issue. Our tk-photoshopcc is the Shotgun default, so I figure maybe someone has seen this issue before. Does anyone know a way to fix that sg_uploaded_movie name?

2 Likes

Hi Steven

Whats happening here, is that the publish process is generating a temporary jpg file from your psd so that it can upload it to Shotgun. The name of the file therefore is randomly generated so that it doesn’t clash with any existing file. You can change the behaviour by taking over the upload_version.py publish hook and modifying these lines:

After the publish has completed it then removes the temporary file:

Best
Phil

1 Like