We’re getting ready to ship Python 3 support for Shotgun Desktop in the coming months. But first, we’d like to release an open beta.
We’d like to hear back from you on the following topics:
- Were you able to load your current projects in both Python 2 and Python 3 mode?
- If you are using single sign-on, could you still log into your site?
- Were you able to launch products from the Toolkit menu from the Shotgun website?
- Were there any issues launching your existing projects from a Shotgun Desktop running in Python 3 mode?
- Were you getting warnings from anti-malware tools like Apple’s GateKeeper?
Everyone is welcome to participate, but please only apply if you intend on providing feedback, even if it’s just to let us know that it works as you expected. We’re going to run this beta through beta.autodesk.com. Through this platform, you get direct access to preview builds of Shotgun Desktop, detailed release notes for each build and notifications when a new build is ready.
To be invited, please reach out to email@example.com. Let them know you want to try out the beta and provide us the email associated with your Autodesk account. If you don’t have an Autodesk account, you can still provide an email and the invite link will guide you through the creation of an account.
We’d appreciate if everyone who enrolls in the beta could use the forums over at beta.autodesk.com for discussing issues and bugs. We would rather not spam the community forums or shotgun-dev with beta feedback. We won’t be mad if you share something publicly, but we would rather keep the discussions about the beta in the private forums so people are not confusing beta bugs with the official builds.
We’re looking forward to hearing back from you.
- The Shotgun Ecosystem team