Shotgun is free for schools!

Did you know that Shotgun is free for accredited educational institutions? Email shotgun.edu@autodesk.com for more info about getting Shotgun setup at your school.

And while you are at it, drop a reply to this to thread to introduce yourself and your program! We’d love to get to know you.

5 Likes

Hello Tommy,
Is Shotgun still available academically? Are there any specific requirements or limitations for university licenses?

Thank you,
Greg

1 Like

Hi @glyons

Thanks for posting this, yep this does indeed still apply. If you drop an email to shotgun.edu@autodesk.com they’ll be happy to help you out. In terms of requirements, that EDU folks can provide full details but I believe its mainly providing proof that it is an EDU institute.

If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to give us a shout.

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Likes

Do you guys offer any discounts or pricing models for devs? In my case is love to have Shotgun just for developmental reasons. To practice and test writing tools and scripts for shotgun. It would be shotgun just for my personal use and only user. We use shotgun at ubisoft and id like to get better at writing tools for it in my free time. Then I could better help at work when we need shotgun scripts.

2 Likes

Hi @andrew.lawrence

Is the email address still working after Shotgun change to ShotGrid ?

Hi @andrew.lawrence This is great news. Is there a start up guide for students to start using ShotGrid? I have an EDU account, but I am not sure what the next step is to activate the educational copy and not a 30-day free trial. Thanks

We are the computer graphics laboratory of the THM University of Applied Sciences near Frankfurt, Germany. Our students are working with Autodesk Maya and Arnold/VRay in courses of Bachelor (B.Sc.) and Master (M.Sc.) Media Informatics.
See www.gdvlab.de for more information (German website)

@tommy.kiser

Hello, my name is Devin Gee. I’m currently teaching 3d Modeling and Animation for the DATA program at Roosevelt High school in San Antonio, TX.
https://www.neisd.net/domain/7588

Hello. It is a pleasure to meet you all. We are the CG Imaging Department of Nihon Kogakuin College. We would like to incorporate the shot grid into our educational achievements. I am also considering studying these results in the doctoral program at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(JAIST). Thank you very much in advance.

Hi, I was wondering if Shotgrid is still free for educational institution?

Try contacting Autodesk support for this query, you’ll get a quicker response.

Contact Customer Support | Autodesk Knowledge Network