Shotgun Time Logs - Filter Artists With Missing Logs

I hope this makes sense.

We log artists work at our studio and sometimes they can be on multiple different tasks each day. Each week we look back at the logs to check that every artists has a total of 5 days logged.

At the moment, we’ve got a weekly filter set up and we check each artists page individually. We’ve recently gotten a lot more artists and I was wondering if there was a way I could use the filters to make this process a little quicker.

Is there a way of setting up a filter that flags which artists are missing logs for each 5 day period?

3 Likes

Hey Ninetynineflake,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for your question.

Shotgun doesn’t have a great way to filter for the absence of something (e.g. missing Time Logs in this instance), but I may have a solution that would help you here.

What if you could scan a list of your artists and have a column showing the sum of their logged time for the week? You could then scan down the list and find anyone with less than 5 days worth of time logged and follow up with them.

To do this you’d create a query field on the Person entity like so:

Let me know how if that helps!

7 Likes

@mmoshev has written a script for us that does that, quite handy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s pretty exciting! Would it be possible to share it? Also, is that a tricky script to implement? Our pipeline department is pretty busy at the moment, so this would fall on me as it would only be the other runners and myself that would be using it.

2 Likes

It is not particularly tricky, you get a list of all active users (or all users on a shot/project), then the list of everyone who has logged time in the period X and take the difference between the two.
Will share the script shortly.
We use it from a Shotgun AMI which gives us some context (be it task, shot, etc.).

4 Likes