Show only 'Active' Projects in SG Desktop?

Hi all,

I figured I’d ask while I start investigating this myself.

Is there a way of getting the SG Desktop to only display and allow for selection those Projects whose sg_status equals a defined List type called ‘Active’? (side note: is ‘Active’ one of the out-of-the-box values for this field on Projects? I can’t remember.)

Currently whenever you start SG Desktop here, it shows every Project that’s ever existed for this company. We have sg_status options other than ‘Active’ so I’d like to have the SG Desktop filter the non-‘Active’ Projects out.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hey Dean!

There isn’t a way to do that currently.

Desktop does respect user permissions in Shotgun, though – so for example, if your Artist permission role only has permission to see Projects that the artist is assigned to, unassigned projects won’t show up in Desktop.

There is a search bar at the top of the UI where you can quickly search for projects, and it also brings recently accessed projects to the top of the list.

I think it’s a fair feature request to have a setting for showing only active projects in Desktop, and you can submit it on our roadmap page. Having said that, it would be a little tricky to solve: this would be part of the site configuration, since it’s outside of any one project, and most studios fall back to our basic config for their site config, so that they can get auto-updates easily. So, we’d have to figure out how to best implement this setting, without it being part of the pipeline configuration. All of which to say, I encourage you to submit the feature request, but I don’t think it’d be a quick fix.

1 Like

Hi Tannaz,

I’ve submitted this as a request at the roadmap page link you provided. Thanks!

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi, @tannaz Any chance for this to happen?

1 Like

I believe what you could do is fork tk-desktop and change the filters for the Project search call.

Remember all of this stuff is mostly opensource so you can edit as you like.

2 Likes

Hi Sergey – I don’t work at Autodesk anymore, so unfortunately, I can’t comment on this. Hopefully someone from their product team is monitoring this forum. I still think it’s a worthwhile feature request!

3 Likes

Worth pointing out the current incarnation of tk-desktop filters out projects which have the archived field toggled to True, in case that provides folks with the desired functionality without the need to fork or otherwise customize existing SG Desktop behavior.

2 Likes

Excellent!