Syncing a URL widget with grid widget's selection

Hi guys,

We had the idea to create a set of design notes for shots, assets, etc, where a collaborative whiteboard would be awesome in collecting all the ideas from the team. We found awwapp.com which looks like it does that very well, and we used a canvas page with two widgets to display a grid of notes and the whiteboard URL. The question is how to sync these up, so when one note is clicked, the relative URL gets loaded up.

Also, the markdown in note bodies is very useful in laying out that design documentation, but I can’t get it to display in the widgets accessible from the canvas page, any way to get that going? Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey @Hristo_Velev,

This sounds like a great idea!
But, to the best of my knowledge, it’s currently not possible in Shotgun to have any action on one widget affect another widget.

What I can suggest is to use the attachment option on notes. There’s a provision to ‘attach’ web links as well:

Then on your canvas page, you can add the attachments column to your grid of notes.
You won’t quite get a side by side view - but when you click on the attachment, it’ll open in a new tab.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Govind.

P.S: It goes without saying, but you’ll need to attach unique links to each note for this to work.

4 Likes

Hi Govind,

Cool, I didn’t know you can attach URLs too. This would help, but yeah - getting synced components would be great.

Thanks

4 Likes

I agree! There are some cool possibilities!
I would also love to see an option to auto-refresh widgets at regular intervals.

Meanwhile, I hope the attachment idea works out for you.

Regards,
Govind.

4 Likes

We don’t currently offer a widget specifically for doing this, but I can see how it would be useful. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes