Time logs - how do I log time in hours instead of days?

Hi there - I am an artist and I need to log my time. Currently our time logs are set to days instead of hours - which doesn’t really work very well because usually we have to break down out log into a weird decimal if the time is less than an 8 hour day. I know for a fact it is possible to record time in hours instead, but i cant see anywhere how to change this. please let me know so we can make everyone’s lives so much easier.
thank you !!!

2 Likes

Hey @Brad_Betts—welcome to the forum!

I moved your post to the #shotgun category so that it gets the right :eyes: on it.

awesome! thanks!

Hi,

You should ask your admin to have a look into your site preferences, especially the ‘scheduling’ part :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the response! so -If this were to be changed on a project that is already running - could that cause any chaos or problens across the project? woudl there be a way to mitigate that ?

1 Like

Hi Brad! There are two things you can do without needing to change that site pref:

1. In the web UI, you can enter any value like “4 hours” and it will automatically interpret it into whatever the site pref is tracking. So in the below example when I entered this time log it converted to 0.5 days.

1. In Shotgun Create, you also get a time log UI which accepts hours by default, no matter your site pref. If need be, you could also enter something like “2d” and it will still work.

6 Likes

DENNIS!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! THANKYOU !!!

WOOOOOO!!!

8 Likes