Timelogs report and hours-to-days conversion

I’m trying to work on a report to get information of timelogs per person and totals per project. I created a new page based on a Grid view that collects data from Timelogs.

I created a view of timelogs grouped by Person > Link > Date and the columns are the task name, Duration (from timelog entity) and a calculated field I did to convert de duration into days.

Using the Summary option of each column, I can see the totals for each day, each link and each person.

I’d like that, for those days the summary of timelogs is higher than 8 hours, it counts it as one day. So, as the image below, for a sum of 9 hrs in a day, I’d like the ‘Days count’ to show “1” instead of “1.1”.

Is there any way to get this?

Many thanks!

3 Likes

Hi Andres,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your question! Is your “Days count” field a calculated field? If so, you could use the FIXED type conversion to remove the decimals, e.g. FIXED(3.141592,0) would produce an output of 3. You can read more about those here:

Let us know if that gets you the result you’re after.

2 Likes

Hello Brandon!

Thanks for your answer. I tried to added “FIXE( … )” to my previous formula so it keeps as:
FIXED(TO_DAYS({duration}), 0)

Unluckily I don’t get the result expected. For those fields with a value less than 4, the resulting “Days count” is 0. Additionally, I lost the summary per day, so I cannot see the total timelog per day, link or person:

fixed_test.

I don’t know if there’s any way of having conditional formulas (IF… THEN…) so maybe I coulg get the results expected.

2 Likes