Tk-multi-publish2 same description for all items of the NK file

Hi! How can I make that if a description is added to the Nuke Script .NK file item in the publish tree all his children inherit the same description.

I read the code and apparently should be doing this? This NK item being the top item and father of all the shotgun write nodes with the respective files thus the “Summary Item and Description”

Or this is only working in the standalone publish?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I did a patch is working :smiley: but it is certainly not the best way to do it.
If someone can point me in the right direction I’ll appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

So I forked the app, and edited the dialog.py line 521

def _on_item_comment_change(self):
        """
        Callback when someone types in the
        publish comments box in the overview details pane
        """
        comments = self.ui.item_comments.toPlainText()
        # if this is the summary description...
        if self._current_item is None or self._current_item.type_display == "Nuke Script":
            if self._summary_comment != comments:
                self._summary_comment = comments
1 Like

Unfortunately this is a bug :slightly_frowning_face:. If you have multiple root items, then when you select one and enter in a description then it propagates to the sub items.
However if you have a single root item, then this behaviour does not happen.

3 Likes

Oh! :open_mouth: Is there a way I can take a look for all the current issues? Or open tickets? So I can search this kind of things ?
Thanks again a lot for your time Philip you had been very helpful!

2 Likes

Unfortunately not, our tickets are held privately, the best thing to do is ask here as you did and we can let you know. We’ll also try to update the thread when we have a fix.

3 Likes

Easiest way to fix this is add a hook and in yoru validate or publish logic add some loggic to check the item.description and if it’s empty:

if item.description == None:
item.description = item.parent.description

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Ricardo! Indeed better than forking the app, I’ll take your advice thanks again

2 Likes

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know, we have updated the app so that the description is inherited by child items. This change is implemented at a UI level and not the API level.
The latest version of the tk-multi-publish2 app v2.5.3 contains the fix, and these are the full release notes.

Best
Phil

3 Likes