Tk-multi-pulish2 process path when launched via tank command

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to somehow get the publisher to process (collect) a path on start up when launching via the tank command? tank publish

We have a sort of round trip between Toolkit and PFTrack and currently we use the standalone publisher launched from Shotgun Desktop to publish the PFTrack project which works pretty well, but it would be nice to to be able to just run the tank publish command directly from pftrack with the file path provided.

Thanks a lot,
Jonas

1 Like

Hey @jonas.lindfors

I would create a script that runs the publish process, using the Publish API. Thats approach is more suited too automating.
As far as I know there isn’t a way to get the publisher app (without the using the API) to collect and publish on launch automatically.

Best,
Phil

Ah maybe I miss understood, did you just want it to collect the file, but not publish it automatically?

If that is the case, then you could modify the collector hook to collect the file automatically. I don’t know what control you have over the PFTrack process, but could you set an env var with the path to the file that the collector could look for?

Phil

Hi Philip,

Yes that’s correct I’d just like to open the standalone publisher and auto collect from a path. Cool that’s awesome I didn’t know that option existed, it would definitely work. Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks a lot!
Jonas

1 Like

The collector hook is documented here, and can be taken over in the usual Toolkit hook way.
The collector is always run automatically when the app is launched, so it’s just a case of adding some logic to it that will find the file.
As far as I can see the app doesn’t accept a file arg for the app command, so an env var seemed like a good approach to me but you might think of others.

1 Like

Beautiful! This is great, so the process_current_session() is the method that runs on start up. Got it!

1 Like