Using a larger Font is certain Fields

Hello,
I am creating shot cards that I can print by using the Thumbnail view of shot. Everything I need is there except the font is too small. Is it possible to change the font size in a field? I’d probably want to create a custom page so not every page would see this increased font size.

Thanks.

-Cable

4 Likes

Hi @cable,

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you here :wave:

At this point in time, it’s not possible to change the font size within Shotgun. The defaults are set as you see. The only workaround option I would suggest is using your web browser zoom when you want to see text larger. This of course is not field specific, but gives you some option if you feel you are straining when reading certain fields.

In Mac - Cmd +/-
In Windows - Ctrl +/-
In Linux - Ctrl +/-

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Beth

2 Likes

I realize this won’t help for printablity - maybe when you print, you can increase the print zoom size?

1 Like

Hi @cable,

If you’re open to using an external tool to solve this, there’s an extension for Google Chrome called Stylebot. It lets you manipulate the appearance of any website with custom CSS (even if you don’t know what CSS is!).

You pick whichever element of the website that you want to tweak and choose any changes you want to make from the editor. You can change the font size, color, margins, visibility and a lot more.

See this article for some details on how this tool can help:

Regards,
Govind.

7 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for that suggestion @Govind_Kalburgi!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Govind_Kalburgi!

The only thing I’d caution about using a Chrome extension like stylebot, is that you are customizing the Shotgun application outside of Shotgun, so if you have some visual bugs at some point down the road, just ensure that the Stylebot extension is disabled or run things in an Incognito/Private window, or run your browser with extensions disabled to ensure it is indeed an issue in Shotgun.

Cheers,
Nick

6 Likes

This is a neat tip, @nickytonline!
That should definitely be the first place to start debugging if something funky starts happening.

@cable, I would also recommend that you enable your custom Stylebot style only when you’re printing and keep it off at other times.

6 Likes

Hi Beth!

I’m working with someone who is visually impaired and I’d like to increase certain fields they regularly look at (notes, shot codes etc) just for them on their own layout. I wonder if there is something in the last two years that’s been implemented that I could use? At the moment they are zooming in the whole page which seems inefficent when they only need to see certain fields large.

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Fiona