Visibility options for NDA Projects

Hi

Are there any features to allow for a Project to only be visible to users assigned to it?
Meaning that users who “can see all projects” but aren’t assigned to the project won’t be able to see it.

I have found some old conversations like the one below but I can’t see any features being added regarding this.

We currently have a project with strict NDA and it really makes our life hard to use Shotgun for the project without impacting the rest of the Studio.

Thanks

Jacob

2 Likes

Hi @jacobg,

Thanks for your question! As it stands, Project visibility is still only controlled by a permission role’s Advanced setting See All Projects that when checked a user can see ALL but when unchecked, the user can only see those projects they are assigned to in the Projects field on their person (Formally the setting was Can See Assigned Projects Only).

There are no new Project visibility settings outside of the above.

Are you not able to use the Projects field on the user(s) to assign only the Projects you want that user to see?

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like

Thanks Beth

At the moment we have some permission groups who can See all Projects. For example, VFX Supervisors can see all Projects.
But not all our VFX Supervisors are working on this strict NDA project and so they should not be able to have access to it.
Removing the See All Projects option from the VFX SuperVisors group (and Pipeline, Production) so only users assigned to the NDA project is not a solution.
We need VFX Supervisors to see all Projects except the NDA project unless assigned to it.

Project visibility is a very important feature as it affects meetings with clients about future work where our VFX Sups reference other projects and use Shotgun to show work.

We would need the ability to make a Project private, similar to what was discussed by other Shotgun users in the thread I found.

Thanks

Jacob

2 Likes

Hi @jacobg,

Thanks for clarifying - I’d love if you could get that into a feature request for the rest of my team to see as it isn’t presently available in the UI.

Head on over to this post to learn how to get your idea in front of our Product team. The best product ideas are the ones that are accompanied by reasons why/how it would be useful to your production or project.

Cheers,
Beth

1 Like