It’s the end of July, and that means time for our latest quarterly update!
Highlights from May, June, and July
- Our community is better than ever, thanks to you! We’ve got another great Forum Friday happening tomorrow.
- We made it easier to import your data, by allowing you to associate data with specific projects, improving support for date formats, and adding the ability batch correct errors.
- Playlists are now available in Shotgun Create, so you can compare versions and give rich annotated notes to your artists all in a single environment.
- Screen Capture in Shotgun Create also allows you to effectively communicate with everyone on your team by sharing images, video, and audio.
- We’ve made Shotgun Create easier to navigate with enhanced playlist search.
- With RV 7.8, we’ve made starting playback faster than ever, added public API calls, and stabilized Sync capabilities.
- We enhanced task dependency behaviors to better reflect the way you work in your studios.
- We added the ability to work with dates and date fields when creating calculated fields.
- Our Street team put together a video full of tips for working from home.
- We have a new guide for Getting Started with Games, and we’ve got a new video tutorial series in the works, for Admins (coming soon!)
- We’ve updated our API and now all sites directly upload files to S3, which is one of the steps we’re taking to enable improvements in reliability and quality of image transcoding.
- We added Python 3 support for a number of Toolkit applications, engines, and frameworks.
- As always, you can read about all the ongoing major and minor updates in our release notes.
We’ll have more for you next quarter. Thanks for being part of the Shotgun community!