Work Schedules Holiday

Is there a way to automate adding company holidays to the Work Schedule Exemptions list? I’d love to be able to push from our company wide Google calendar as HR adds upcoming holidays or even the ability to bulk import them in spreadsheet fashion but I can’t seem to find a way to do either of those things. Is manually adding them one at a time my only option?

2 Likes

Hey! I’m working on the same problem too. Started using Google Apps Script for an easy implementation, but struggling to make it usable for all users of the organisation. Have you found any other workable solution since then?

Our solution, unfortunately, has been to not use any of the calendar functionality within Shotgrid. The holidays were one of many roadblocks, and the path of least resistance became using other tools.

2 Likes

Just a quick word of warning about trying to automate work schedule exemptions. When they are entered, sg always does a check to see if there are any scheduling changes that need to occur as a result of the change. You’re always given options about what to do (ie, shorten the task durations or push the dates).

Usually it’s better to have someone with the production schedules in mind manually entering any work schedule changes so they are able to deal with those instances as they pop up. I fully understand the idea of automating those dates but work schedules actively affect task dates. Another option is to use the phases entity to automate important dates. That creates a passive highlight in the gantt views and production timeline view which can be nice for figuring out scheduling conflicts.

1 Like