Workfiles2 save custom version not going higher then 99?

Hey guys,

Is it normal behaviour that when you save a file with Workfiles Save, and switch off “use next available version number”, the spinner next to it doesn’t go higher then 99?

And yes, versions have 3 digits in our templates. So saving and auto version up work and go beyond 99.

Cheer,

David

3 Likes

Hi David –

Thanks for bringing this up. It looks like the spinner Qt widget defaults to 0-99. I’ve put in an internal ticket to track this request, and hopefully it would be quick fix for us. I’ll keep you posted as there’s news there.

2 Likes

Hi Tannaz,

Thanks!
Just a minor thing, but it came up sinds a lot of my colleagues are working at home and some version up like crazy :roll_eyes:

Cheer,

David

3 Likes

Hi Tannaz,

Are there any new update about this issue? Cause my studio rely on the version number as status control

Cheer,
Ken

1 Like

I would like to chime in as well, we usually go well beyond the 200 versions on some shots (master shots/lookdev), I would consider it a bugfix since that wheel should definitely not have a finite number.

1 Like

Hi all – No updates as of yet, but I’ve added a note to our internal ticket that there’s more interest in this request, and will bring it up in my meeting with Product this week, so hopefully we can push it up priority queue.

As for whether it’s a feature request or a bugfix, we fall into that grey area often, and I’m always reminded of this guy:

bugfeature

At any rate, I’ll keep you all posted! :blush:

4 Likes

Hey we’ve just pushed out a new version of tk-multi-workfiles2 which is v0.12.3, and that allows you to save versions up to 9999999 which hopefully should be enough.

If you are running a centralized config you can run tank updates from the command line, or if you are using a distributed config, you can just update the required version in source config’s environment files or use the update action as detailed on step 2 here.

4 Likes

Thanks Philip, it works like a charm!

3 Likes