Audio playback in list view

I asked about this awhile ago and I don’t think I got the answer I was looking for.

We really need an easy way to playback audio files in Shotgun if it’s to be used as the goto place to manage audio.

What this means is that if you are viewing a page that is say a list of published audio files… or versions with audio files that you beable to playback or scrub sorta like the filmstrip for mov files.

Currently the workaround is that you convert a wav file to a mov file and upload it… but this means that when you click on the Version that it takes you into another page.

Maybe there could be an audio equivalent of the filmstrip that is a much lower quality sound file or a shorter version.

1 Like

Hey @gmaskfx! The advice given in your older thread and as you recapped above still holds true as your best current option.

I agree what you’re asking to do would be helpful, but I can’t think of a way to achieve it given how the web overlay player is built to be called on demand and sits on top of your page. Outside the thumbnail filmstrip preview, there’s no other on-page playback support across SG. Would be a good idea to submit to our roadmap portal if you haven’t already.

1 Like