External Video Monitor

I’m trying to get RV to play back onto a TV in my office. I have a Blackmagic card with a HDMI output to the screen. Shouldn’t it show in the list of video devices in the Preferences? All I see are my two regular monitors there. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

1 Like

Hey Byron!

Thank you for posting on the forum!

Weird, are you looking at the Desktop module (the Output Module selector in the RV -> Preferences -> Video)? To use the BlackMagic device, you’d need to select the BlackMagic module. Do you see the BlackMagic module?

If that doesn’t work:

• Could you please post the version of RV you’re using and version of firmware/driver for BlackMagic?
  • Could you please post a screenshot of your Video tab under RV -> Preferences as well as your RV -> Window -> Console?

Thanks,
Alexa

2 Likes

No, I don’t see it in the list. Just Desktop.
RV 7.3.2 RELEASE
Decklink Driver 11.3

1 Like

As you are on a version of RV < 7.5, you will need to use the RVSDI executable in order for your Blackmagic card to show up as an output option.
C:\Program Files\Shotgun\RV-7.3.2\bin\rvsdi.exe

2 Likes

Ah, ok now I see the Blackmagic Output. Still can’t get it to output but hopefully I have a wrong setting. I’m going to get IT to install RV7.5 and see if that works better.

1 Like

OK, I got RV 7.6 installed. Here’s the Video tab in the prefs. Still not getting playback.

1 Like