Unable to connect via desktop app

Hi -
New user. We’ve been doing trials on the web interface, and wanted to try the desktop app. I downloaded both Mac (Catalina 10.15.4) and Win (Win10 Pro 1909, running under Parallels). For both of them after I entered credentials I got no interface and the program ended. Relaunching brings up the “initializing” sequence, then nothing. Currently connecting fine w/ web interface.

Saw the form post with links to the status board. All looks good there.

Thanks!
Mark

2 Likes

Hey @PrairieDog11—I’m guessing this could involve some technical digging. Would you mind dropping a support request with the details above and link to your site to support@shotgunsoftware.com?

2 Likes

Another thing to look into, are you using a dual-monitor setup? Sometimes Desktop can get initially confused about where to appear, and is then outside the bounds of the screen. If you do have more than one monitor, try paring down to a single one temporarily, launching Desktop, then see if the UI shows up for you.

1 Like

Hi -
Mystery solved. This was my first time trying the app, and I was expecting it to be a desktop version of the web app. It’s clearly not. But it also wasn’t apparent that I needed to locate the title bar icon (Mac) to connect to a project and use the app. The launcher quit because all it does is add the icon to the title bar. Maybe the documentation could be a little more obvious?
Thanks!
Mark

2 Likes